Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Mindful Month--Day 7

Alright, we're back! I gave myself a second to breathe and I'm ready to go again. If you needed to do the same thing, I hope you're back, as well! And if you need to take a break at any time along these days, know that it's okay. 

Remember, being mindful isn't forcing yourself to be positive every single second. Being mindful is celebrating and being aware of every aspect of your life--all the feelings--both good and bad. I am not telling you these positive things every day because I think they are all you need in order to live this month mindfully. I am giving you these fun, positive things as jumping points for the positive thoughts in your days. Things to think about. Things to slow you down. Things to help you live your moments. What you do with them after you read them is up to you. And yes, I know that you most likely read them and forget about them. But, if you read them and smile while you're thinking about them, then that's a step in the right direction. 

So, on that note, let's move on to tomorrow! 

Yesterday it was hard to write my post because I wasn't feeling it. Today has proven to be a tough post for a different reason--I couldn't find anything listed anywhere for us to celebrate tomorrow! Don't you worry though, I found something...

Tomorrow, October 7th, is National Bathtub Day. (Not to be confused with Bathtub Party Day though--that's in December, or National Read in the Bathtub Day--that's in February.) So, take that how you will. I know a lot of people in my life who really appreciate their bathtub. And I know a few people in my life who are thoroughly grossed out by the idea of a bath. So, whichever category you fall into, tomorrow is for you. 

Thanks for taking this mindful month journey with me. Like I said a few days ago, I am not writing these posts for views, but as I see the numbers going up as we go along, it makes me feel good to know that at least some people are living their moments a little differently. Or maybe my mom is just clicking on the same post over and over again to make me feel good about myself? It could go either way. So, Mom, if it's you, don't stop--it's working. And if you aren't my mom and you're reading this, thank you--not only for reading, but for taking the time to do this for yourself. I really think it's worth it. And I know that you're worth it. 

 





2 comments:

  1. Your posts crack me up! I'm happy that people bathe...does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts crack me up! I'm happy that people bathe...does that count?

    ReplyDelete