Sunday, October 4, 2015

Mindful Month--Day 5

Well, does your life feel different? Was National-Ships-In-Bottles-Day everything you hoped for and more? Is your world a better place after a day set aside to honor the art of tiny ship building? If National-Ships-In-Bottles-Day didn't rock your world, that's okay--tomorrow is promising. 

Tomorrow, October 5th, is Do Something Good Day. (Our other option was National Bird Day, but confession: I hate birds.) And, honestly, I'm pretty sure we can all find something good to do. The cool thing about this one is that your good is specific to you. My good will be different than yours and yours will mean something special to the person that you do it to/towards/for. And, if you don't want to do something good for someone else, you can do it for yourself--that's okay too! Or you can do multiple good things! Don't limit yourself--don't limit your good--don't limit your happy! This day is the first one that you can make specific to you (I mean, I guess you could have specifically built yourself a tiny ship in a bottle, I'm not judgin') and with that, I hope you are able to live your moments tomorrow in an extra special way. 

I also hope that these days aren't getting too repetitive and boring...especially because we're only on day 5! I kind of feel, as I'm writing them, like I'm telling you the same thing over and over again. But, I hope that maybe you will find that some of the days stand out to you and you will be able to focus on those even if you can't/don't want to think about them all. If you even slow down enough to think about a couple more days this month, then you're making a difference in the way you're living your moments and ultimately the way you're living your life. 

And every extra moment you get to fully live is worth it, if you ask me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment