Sunday, May 1, 2016

Lyme Month--Year 3!

Well, here we are again! It's May 1st. And you know what that means? It's Lyme awareness month! And you know what that means? I'm back to blog every day in May!

But let's be real for a second before we get this party started, shall we? I've been having a really big internal (and sometimes external if I trap a victim) debate over whether or not to do this this year. I have been really going back and forth over whether or not I have anything worth sharing, let alone a whole month's worth of things worth sharing. And mostly, I have been struggling to decide if I'm okay enough to write for a whole month.

Yeah, I just threw that last one out there.

You see, life has this way of throwing things at you. Lyme life has this way of throwing things at you while it's standing on top of you and also dangling you off of a cliff while it's holding onto you with something super sharp and also stacking elephants on top of you and asking you to sing the alphabet backwards all at the same time.

And that's what is happening to me right now.

So I wasn't going to write this month. Mostly because I thought I'd be lying to you. I thought I'd be lying if I came here and talked about Lyme awareness and spread positivity while I felt all of that weight on me. I thought I'd be lying if I told you just the sunshiney parts and left out the rain. But, the fact of the matter is that in not writing I would be lying to not only you but myself. I would be avoiding the truth. I would be lying by omission. And that's just as bad. And does no one any good.

So, if you're ready for another bumpy ride this month, I'm back. Let's do this.

1 comment:

  1. Lets do this thing! Love you, and love the part you play in our family.

    ReplyDelete