Monday, May 2, 2016

One Year Older, One Year Wiser.

It's been a long time since last May 1st! 366 days, to be exact. I'm a whole year older. And, I wish I could say that I'm a year healthier. Unfortunately, that's not true.

But, I do think that the phrase "a year older and a year wiser" stands even more true when you're sick. I've learned a lot this year. A whole lot. About myself. About Lyme. About life. About what matters. And about what really doesn't.

And, by the end of this month I hope that if I'm able to teach you something too.

I hope that if you already have Lyme you will leave this month knowing that you aren't alone. You are strong. You can do anything you want. Even if you have to do it from your bed, from the car on the way to the doctors office, or from a hospital bed sometimes. If you want it, you can do it.

If you love someone with Lyme, you aren't alone either. I know it's not an easy road. Loving someone who just can't get better feels like a never-ending battle that you just can't win for them. But I can also tell you, with 100% certainty from the side of the person you are loving, you are appreciated more than you know.

And, I hope that if you don't have Lyme you learn that it is 1000% worth it to take every single preventative step that you can take to keep it away. It may not seem like a big deal before you have it, but it is. Is is a big deal. It is life-altering. It's heart-shattering. It's nothing you can imagine until you live it. And it's nothing I ever wish for you. Ever.

So, as I continue my Lyme journey this month, I'm glad you're here to learn with me. I hope that at the end of this month you will be one month wiser, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment