Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Please.

Sometimes when I write these blog posts I am writing specifically about myself. Sometimes I write more generically. This one I am writing because it applies to me, definitely, but I am also pretty sure that it is relevant to most everyone with Lyme. Or anyone who is chronically sick.

I definitely don't think I'm alone when I say...please don't forget about me.

As dramatic as that probably sounds, it's not at all meant to be that way. It is a legitimate feeling when you're living the Lyme life. Being left behind becomes a semi-normal thing, but it definitely doesn't get easier. And it's definitely something I don't want to happen.

Please don't stop asking me to hang out. Sure, I might have to say no sometimes, but I am going to try my hardest to say yes. And, if you are always doing things that I have to say no to, maybe we can figure out something together that I can say yes to! I'm not dead, I'm just sick. There are things I can do. And I want you to want to do them with me.

Please don't assume that just because I'm quiet it means that I'm not having fun or that I'm being rude. And please don't stop inviting me places because I'm quiet. I don't have all the energy that you do. My brain gets overwhelmed. My senses get overwhelmed. My headache takes over. I get dizzy. But I want to be out because it matters to me. I'm not giving up on it, so please don't give up on me either.

Please don't stop telling me what's going on in your life. Yes I have a lot going on in mine, but that doesn't mean I don't want to know what's going on in yours. Actually, it means I want to know even more what's going on in yours! I don't want to talk about myself all the time. Let's talk about you!

I know that having a person in your life with Lyme is not always the easiest. I know it's easy to lose them in the shuffle because they can't keep up. But, please keep in mind that being the person with Lyme isn't easy either.

And friendship is precious, no matter if one side of the friendship has Lyme or not. Just because I'm sick our friendship doesn't change. It matters.

Please don't forget about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment