Sunday, May 8, 2016

Thankful.

Tonight I feel thankful.

I'm thankful for the friends I've found during my Lyme journey--the friends who didn't know me before I was sick, and love me anyway, even though all they know is sick Leigh. I'm thankful for the friends I had before I got sick and have stuck by me through it all. I'm even thankful for the friends who have left me because of my Lyme because they've taught me what really matters and what really doesn't.

I'm thankful for friends who listen. I'm thankful for friends who don't try to tell me what to do. I'm thankful for friends who ask questions. I'm thankful for friends who want to see into my world.

I'm thankful for friends who know the struggle, even if their battle is a little bit different. I'm thankful for friends who have been through their own things and are here through mine. I'm thankful for friends who don't make me fight this thing alone.

And if you're reading this, I'm thankful for you. I'm thankful that you're on this journey with me. I'm thankful that you read what I write. And I'm thankful that you're making this effort to learn about Lyme.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment