Saturday, May 14, 2016

"My dog had Lyme once..."

Today I was at an event with my puppy and I passed by a table that was about Lyme prevention for dogs. A whole table. About how to keep your dog from getting Lyme. Part of me didn't even want to look (and that part of me should have listened because WOW on the giant picture of the tick that they had front and center on their display) but I decided to look as I walked by. There was so much information. So much information on how to keep your dog healthy and free from Lyme. 

Why? 

Why is that possible? Why can we keep our dogs Lyme free so easily, but Lyme in humans is such a big problem? Why can my puppy get not only tick protection but a lyme vaccine? Why could my old dog get a Lyme test done right by the vet in my living room and have an answer within 2 minutes that told us that he did have Lyme and then get antibiotics that same day, no problem? Why is it so easy? Just because they are animals? I don't say things aren't fair very often...but there's no way you can tell me that's fair. 

I love my puppy more than I love most things, but I don't love the fact that I can't get the same treatment as him. I'm by no means saying our animals shouldn't get this treatment...I'm saying 100% that humans should be getting the same thing. If it exists, it should be able to exist for humans, too. 

No matter how you look at it, it doesn't make sense and it isn't fair. 


No comments:

Post a Comment