Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Failure.

I've talked on my blog about feelings of failure before. A few times, I think. But this is a new year. I have new readers. And I have new feelings. And right now those are feelings of failure. So I'm talking about them again. Because maybe I'm not alone. Maybe you're feeling them too. And maybe you need to read this today.

Chronic illness and feelings of failure go hand-in-hand, I think. But really, sometimes life and feelings of failure go hand-in-hand, don't they? It's hard not to feel like you're failing when life doesn't go the way you expect it to. And when you're sick, it rarely ever goes the way you expect it to.

I went to college. Graduated college. Did my internship. Passed my certification exam. Did everything the way I was supposed to. And now look at me. I'm not doing anything I planned to be doing. I'm not at all where I planned to be.

It's hard not to feel like I'm failing. It's hard not to feel like everything I worked so hard for was for nothing. And it's hard not to be afraid that I will never get back to what I wanted for myself.

But I also have to be proud of myself for every day that I get out of bed when it feels impossible. I have to feel like I accomplished something when I get through a really difficult day. And I have to be happy with a good day even if it's not a day doing what I thought I would be at this point in my life.

No matter how hard it is.

So if you are sick and feel like you're failing too, you aren't. You are winning every day that you are breathing. You are the champion of your life. You can do anything. I believe in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment