Friday, May 13, 2016

Friday the 13th.

Today is Friday the 13th, a day normally associated with bad luck. But, if you know much about me, you know that I was born on Friday the 13th, making it a pretty lucky day in my world! I also have a quite a few friends with birthdays on the 13th in different months, and those are pretty lucky days in my world too!

So, I thought today I would talk about luck. It would be easy to sit here and tell you why being sick makes me unlucky. How much Lyme sucks. How much I hate it. How much it has rocked my world, in a not-so-fantastic way. But I'm not going to do that. Instead I'm going to tell you 5 reasons why my life as a 25 year old girl with Lyme makes me the luckiest girl in the world.

1. I appreciate this world and the life I live in it SO much more than I would if I was walking through it like I used to before I was sick.
2. I have the best friends in the whole world and they make this battle a little easier just by being in it with me. They've proven that they aren't going anywhere, no matter how sick I get, and that's not something they signed up for, but something I will appreciate forever.
3. I have met some really hot doctors.
4. I have found a job where I get to share clothes that make me feel better about myself with ladies who also, in turn, feel better about themselves! And that is such a blessing that I never expected but will never take for granted.
5. I get to spend so much more time with my wonderful, beautiful mama who is exactly what I need to help me survive this hell that we're walking through. I may be 25, but I am forever thankful for my mom and everything she does for me everyday--Lyme wise and otherwise.
6. This is a bonus one, but it's just as important as the others. Without my Lyme, I wouldn't have my blog. And, without my blog, I wouldn't have you all reading it. And without you all reading it, I wouldn't have the happiness in my heart that you bring me. So, thank you. Thank you for being part of my lucky.

So yes, Lyme sucks. I'm not going to tell you that's not true. But if you have the option of focusing on the fact that you're unlucky or the fact that you are so lucky (which you always do) it's so worth looking at why you're lucky. It makes a world of difference in the long run.

It's not always easy. But it's always worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment