Monday, May 18, 2015

Titles.

A few months ago I got in contact with a doctor who I was told might be able to help me. His nurse told me to send my records and the doctor would look over them and let me know if they could treat me. 

A couple of weeks ago I got a letter back from the doctor. In the letter he explained to me that I have "been mislead" if I've been told that I have Lyme. And that my problems are symptoms of "another chronic inflammatory disease" and that my body "has been very ill for a long time" but not from what my doctor had told me. 

At first I was upset about what I read in that letter. I know the truth. I know that I have Lyme. I have blood work to prove it. I have symptoms to prove it. And I had a doctor who was doing everything he could to help me prove it to everyone who didn't believe it. 

And after you've fought for your truth for so long and then your truth is doubted, it hurts. 

But, then I started thinking more about it and I realized, at this point, I don't care what it's called anymore. I don't care what someone calls it, if they can help me. If you want to call it Lyme, and you can treat Lyme, great! If you want to call it a chronic inflammatory disorder, and you can treat a chronic inflammatory disorder, cool! It doesn't matter what it's called. It only matters to me that I get help.

I'm not going to give up on proving that Lyme is real. I'm not going to give up on helping other people advocate for themselves when they also know their truth but feel alone in it. And I'm not giving up on spreading awareness about what I know matters.

But, regardless of the name of what is sucking the life out of me, it's happening. It's real. And it's ugly. And I need help to fight back against it. 

That's all there is to it.






No comments:

Post a Comment