Saturday, May 23, 2015

A Confession and Some Thank-Yous.

Confession: this month of blogging has been kind of tough for me. 

I haven't really known what to write that wouldn't be repeating last month's posts. I haven't felt well at all, so a lot of it has been more complain-y than I would have liked it to be. I haven't felt motivated. And I really feel like I haven't given you much in terms of awareness.

But, for some reason you're still reading it. (Or at least you're still clicking on the link and pretending you're reading it.) On the days when I feel like I'm letting my blog down, the view counts somehow keep going up. And I can't thank you enough for that. 

My dad asked me the other day when my blog was going to start making us money. Of course he was kidding, but I have had a couple other people ask me before if I get money from this blog, too. And the answer is no. I definitely don't. But I do get a whole lot out of it that is way better than money. (I mean, if my blog could pay me in Michaels gift cards, that would be ideal. But that's, unfortunately, not an option.) 

Everyday when I click on a blank notes document and I subsequently start feeling like I have nothing of any importance to contribute to my blog or the Lyme world, I think about you. Yes you. The you that is reading this right now. 

What if you have Lyme and don't know it yet? What if you read my blog and something sounds familiar, and you go to the doctor and find out you have it? 

What if you have someone in your life who is suffering and you feel like they're over exaggerating, until you read my blog and see that their suffering is just like mine? What if you can now tell them that you believe them and know their battle is real?

What if you have never even heard of Lyme, but you read my blog and tell your friend about it, and now two more people know that Lyme exists?

What if you have Lyme and are feeling hopeless--not wanting to fight this battle anymore--until you read my blog and know you're not alone? 

That is worth way more than money. (And yes, even more than Michaels gift cards.) 

So thank you. Thank you for continuing to read, even when I can't always give you something profound or pretty sounding. Thank you for giving me a reason to keep writing, in hopes that maybe one of those "what ifs" might actually happen. Thank you for sharing my posts and spreading the word. Thank you for making a tough month of blogging feel worth it. 

Thank you for paying me with your support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment