Sunday, May 10, 2015

Better safe than sorry.

Today's post is going to be short. But important. 

Today I got a text message from someone I've known for a while, with a question about a tick. And as weird as that sounds, it made me so happy. Not happy that they were having to deal with a tick or the fear of Lyme, but that I'm getting my point across. I'm making the impression that awareness matters and that Lyme is serious. 

Sometimes it's tricky to get the point across that it's serious without making people panic. But, at the same time, if panic is what it takes to keep one more person from getting sick like I am, I'll press a panic button if I have to. 

I'm going to try to drill the point in one more time--if you find a tick, get it checked out. If you get a tick, and you don't have a bullseye rash, still get it checked out. Demand a test. Demand treatment. One round of antibiotics will help you if you get it quick enough. 

Better safe than sorry. 

Better safe than sick for the rest of your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment