Friday, May 15, 2015

Laughter.

They say that laughter is the best medicine. And I've taken a lot of medicine in the last few years of my life. But I would have to say that laughter really is the best. 

Tonight my mom and I went to our friends' house and played board games.  Before we left, I had a headache. I took a nap and woke up with a different headache. I was grumpy. And I wanted to stay in bed. But I didn't. 

We laughed, a lot. At ourselves, at each other, at the dog, at the games we were playing. And I still have a headache, but I'm happy. 

So yes, I still have a headache. And yes, I'm tired. But if I were to stay in bed, I would still have a headache and I would still be tired. But I wouldn't be happy. 

Sometimes it's hard to laugh. It's hard to put the physical pain aside. And sometimes it's hard to put the emotional stuff away too. But it's worth it. If you can, find something to make yourself laugh today. Over the last week I've been in a couple different situations when laughing has made such a difference. Anxiety. Stress. Pain. 

Laughing helps. 

Try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment