Saturday, May 10, 2014

"Do you even want to get better?"

Short answer--there is absolutely nothing I want more. 

Long answer--I let them surgically implant a device in my chest that ran a tube directly into my heart...twice. I spent 4 days a week with a needle in my chest day and night, for almost two years. My mom had to stick the biggest needle ever in my hip/butt once a week for months, and the medicine that was pushed into my body from that needle was as thick as peanut butter, but we kept doing it even though it was miserable for both of us. I have had more dye pushed into my veins and have had more trips into CT and MRI machines than one person should probably have in a lifetime. (I don't know why I don't glow crazy colors or do something else equally as awesome yet). I have taken more medicines than I even knew existed to help parts of my body that I didn't even know I had. And I keep taking those medicines even though they make me feel significantly worse for a while. I go and sit through doctors appointment after doctors appointment with no answers, because I am eternally hopeful that maybe the next one will be the one that makes a difference. 

And trust me, I never would have let any of that happen if I didn't want, with everything in me, to get better. 

So yes, I want to get better. 

There is absolutely nothing I want more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment