Monday, May 12, 2014

"You're STILL sick?!"

Yes. I am still sick. 

I'm still taking too much medicine. I'm still going to the doctor more than any human being should. I'm still a frequent flyer to the pharmacy.  

It doesn't make any sense to me either. I know it's hard to believe that I'm still sick after what seems like a bajillion years. And I know by looking at me it doesn't seem like I'm sick, most days. 

But, I am. 

But you know what? I'm also still hopeful. I'm still optimistic. I'm still trying with everything I have. I'm still fighting like hell. 

And, when it comes down it, that's what I choose to look at. Of course it makes me sad that I'm still sick. But, what makes me even more sad is the fact that not everyone can see past my Lyme. 

I'm Leigh first; Lyme comes second. And, if you have taken nothing else from the last ten days, I hope you can walk away today with that in mind. 

Yes, I'm still sick.

But, more importantly, I'm still me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment