Friday, May 23, 2014

Gratitude.

If you asked me to describe myself in one word, it would be pretty easy for me to give you an answer...

I am grateful

I pride myself on my gratitude. 

I appreciate the little things and I am thankful for them. And, when you have a chronic illness, it's easy to see the negative. But I try my hardest every single day to be grateful. 

Today I had my blood drawn. And, after the lady was done and was bandaging my arm up, I said "thank you." She laughed and said "I love when you come in. You're the only one who says thank you after I stick you with a needle." Now, of course I don't enjoy being stuck with a needle. But I appreciate what she's doing. I appreciate her hard work to do it easily and safely with the least amount of pain for me--I know I'm a hard stick, and I know it's not easy work for her. And I appreciate the chance to have a doctor and to have tests done to help me. 

I am grateful.

That's just one example, but I try my hardest to be thankful every single day. 

As cheesy as it sounds, gratitude really is the attitude. 



No comments:

Post a Comment