Saturday, May 24, 2014

Good days.

Good days are tough.

(Hold on, Leigh...you said GOOD days.)

You're right. I did. 

I appreciate good days. Of course. More than anything. And I take advantage of every second. I am by NO means minimizing a good day. 

But, good days come to an end. I am left with the physical pain of a good day when I lay down at night--every step I take during the day leaves me with random pains when the day is over, every store I go in leaves me totally sensory overloaded by nighttime, and sometimes I'm left with hives. I do my best to try to look at every pain or bad feeling as a reminder of my good day, but sometimes it is hard. 

And, the hardest part of a good day the next day. It's like a good day hangover. When you go along with a few bad days in a row, it feels pretty normal. But, when you stick a good day in there, the high seems extra high, but the low also seems extra low. A good day brings about both extremes. 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good day. I LOVE a good day actually. But it's just another Lyme struggle that you probably have never thought about. It's easy to assume that a good day goes without consequence. A good day automatically seems all good. But it's not. 

But, every good day is one step closer to a time when all of my days will be good days again. And that hope for the future makes it all worth it. 

Good days are tough. But nothing is impossible. 

2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration to me, Leigh. Only a writer could articulate the real life of a person with Lymes. I am so proud of how you handle Lymes and how you don't let it handle you. I love reading these. <3

    ReplyDelete