Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Attention.

I had a different post written for today. I had copied it from my notes app and was getting ready to paste it into my blog when I decided I wanted to write this instead. It sparked from something I wrote in the other post and I decided I needed to run with it. So here we go. Let's run. Except not really. I can't run. I have Lyme. Hey, hi, hello. 

Okay, so I wrote a sentence earlier that said "I don't want attention." But then I was thinking about it. I do want attention. I want all the attention I can get. I want every last bit of your attention and your friends attention and the attention of everyone that you know. Because that's how my words are going to make a difference. Attention is how awareness is going to spread. I'm just one person. But if I get your attention, then we're two people. And if I get your friend's attention then we're three people. Three people who know what to do if we get bitten by a tick. Three people who know what to do with that tick. Three people who know what to fight for at the doctors office. Three people who know that it's serious. Three people who are changing the world three people at a time. 


So I want attention. I want all the attention. GIVE ME YOUR ATTENTION. I know plenty of people, myself included, who wish they would have had the chance to pay attention.

Before it was too late.

1 comment: