Wednesday, May 24, 2017

An explanation.

This is kind of an uncomfortable post to be writing, but I'm writing it anyway. I've gotten a few comments on my blog itself, a comment or two in person, and a message on fb about this subject and I feel the need to explain something. Whether or not I actually need to explain myself, I'm not sure, but I feel like I do. 

I never promised positivity on my blog. 

I promised the truth. And that's what I'm giving you. 

I by no means want this to be a negative space. I don't want you to come here and read what I write and leave feeling down. I by no means want you to read what I write and leave feeling sorry for me. And I by no means want you to read what I write and leave feeling annoyed because you feel like I'm complaining. Those are the last things I want. 

I want you to read what I write and understand the severity of my situation and realize that you don't want it to happen to you. Or if it has already happened to you, I want you to realize you aren't alone. Or, if it has already happened to someone in your life, I want you to maybe get a little bit of a better understanding of what they're going through. Mostly I just want you to know the truth. I want you to see it through my eyes. I want you to see it because I don't want you to ever have to feel it. 

I promised you from the beginning that I would tell you the truth but I never once promised you that every day would be rainbows and butterflies. So, I'm not going to give you rainbows and butterflies every day. And I'm sorry if that disappoints you. But the Lyme life is nowhere near rainbows and butterflies every day. 


Thank you to those of you who are willing to try and understand. I appreciate you. And I promise to continue to bring you the truth, with all its ups and downs. 

1 comment: