Friday, May 11, 2018

Lyme month day 11–Sometimes

Sometimes I forget that I’m sick. 

Sometimes I look around me and I forget that not everyone is walking around feeling the same way that I am. 
Sometimes I forget that the way I feel is not normal. 
Sometimes I forget that I haven’t always felt this way. 
Sometimes I forget that I don’t remember not feeling this way. 
Sometimes I forget that when I stand up there is distinct possibility that my body is not going to respond the way I want it to.
Sometimes I forget that my hands don’t work the way I need them to. 
Sometimes I forget that every day I’m different. 
Sometimes I forget that I can’t just go to the doctor and get medicine and feel better. 
Sometimes I forget that I’ve felt this way for almost half of my life. 
Sometimes I forget that this is my reality. 

And then sometimes I remember. 

And that’s when I wish I could forget. 



No comments:

Post a Comment