Monday, November 7, 2016

I'm back. Again.

When I decided to take a break from blogging a couple of months ago I did so for one reason--I felt like my journey was becoming a burden. I felt like sharing my Lyme life was making me lose the last few people, the last few friends, who were still hanging in there with me. And I didn't want to risk losing even more than I already had. So I took a break. But breaks are weird. Taking a break in a relationship is weird because you probably really should just end things but don't quite want to make that commitment. Taking a break in the middle of a long class is weird because then it's even harder to come back and sit through the rest. And taking a break from blogging has proven to be weird, as well. I found myself attempting to come back a few times, only to replay in my head the conversations I had with friends about my journey lately and realizing that maybe it was all still too much.

But I'm back now.

And I'm back because it is, in fact, all too much. But it's all too much for me. It's all too much to handle alone. And my blog is an outlet. And I'm doing myself a disservice by not letting myself use that outlet. And, who knows, maybe someone else really was getting something out of my blog, too. And who am I to take that away from them just because I'm scared?

So I'm back.

Today my doctor looked at a report that she received from a test I had done, laughed at the results, and then high-fived me and told me I now hold the record for the worst results she's ever seen.

So that about sums me up right now.

Winning at losing.
Hanging on.
Attempting to be positive.
And, above all, being thankful. For my family. For my friends. And for this outlet that I have.

There's always something to be thankful for.



2 comments:

  1. Leigh, I'm so sorry about your results. I am here for you, no matter what it is. I will be there! You are an inspiration to so many people and I'm so blessed that our paths crossed!❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh, I'm so sorry about your results. I am here for you, no matter what it is. I will be there! You are an inspiration to so many people and I'm so blessed that our paths crossed!❤❤

    ReplyDelete